Writing a 500 word essay would seem a difficult task. However, let us tell you something: negative attitude towards the task assigned can only cause a failure. Take it easy and be optimistic about the forthcoming work! Besides, our tips for writing 500 word essays will facilitate your work.
What is a 500 word descriptive essay about?
Well, actually it is a typical essay. It is a three-part paper that aims to provide vivid descriptions of some object, event, or phenomenon in details. You can achieve this purpose by comparing things or presenting certain associations with the object under description.
How long is a 500 word essay?
Double space, Times New Roman 12 is pretty much universal, in college anyway. Typed, 500 words is about a page and a half. You need to ask about going over the word count because it depends on the instructor.
How to write a 500 word essay?
Usually, 500 word essays consist of the following parts:
- Introduction that includes your thesis statement for the topic of your choice or given to you. Spend some time on choosing the right topic. If the topic is given to you, think of ways to make it interesting. Generally, a broad topic is given to students. You have to think about sub topics and then identify the relevant thesis statement.
- Body. In this part of the 500 word essay, you have to:
- Arouse emotions and feelings in the reader by using some original approach;
- Share your feelings about the object/event/phenomenon with the reader;
- Present key images; ◦ Help the reader feel as if he/she is taking part in the scenes you are describing.
- Conclusion . Close your paper with a 50 word conclusion. The essay conclusion must summarize and restate only the most notable ideas discussed in the body. Do not introduce a fresh point in the conclusion.
When you prepare for your 500 word essay, put yourself in the reader’s shoes. Think out of the box. Research material is of paramount importance. The authenticity of information would give your essay some clout. If you have referenced from reliable sources, say it and refer to it. This would generate more interest and add credibility. Always look for essay help from sources you are familiar with or are sure are genuine sources of information.
Follow these essay tips and you would have enough reason to believe that your next 500 word essay would become a reference for future students.