Once you have a text-based e-resume, you can do a lot with it, including:
- Post it in its entirety on many job boards.
- Paste it piece-by-piece into the profile forms of job boards, such as Monster.com, that have a rigid setup and don't allow resumes to be posted as is.
- Paste it into the body of an e-mail and send it to employers.
- Convert it to a Web-based HTML resume.
- Send it as an attachment to employers, although you'll probably also want to send your formatted version.
Print it out and use as it a scannable resume.